Re: Release Party Time ;-)

On 15/02/2011, at 10:39 AM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Michael Tomkins dixit:

Mounting local file systems ... done
Activating swap ... done
Cleaning up tempory files ...
Cleaning up tempory files ...
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
INIT: ld "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
INIT: ld "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
INIT: ld "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
INIT: ld "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
INIT: ld "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
INIT: ld "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
INIT: no more processes left on this level.

Userspace runs fine but things hang → probably ttys
missing, getty missing or something. The base.cow
is the result of a debootstrap --variant=buildd which
is minbase + build-essential, not important. (I’ve
made an effort to build most packages of important,
but not yet finished. You might need to install more.)

Usinging makefile-concurrent boot in runlevel 2

This may also be the cause of a problem. I really
recommend everyone to run inside the sid system
an 'apt-get --purge install insserv- file-rc'
which will purge insserv and sysv-rc and replace
them with file-rc (arch:all), which works much
better, easier, more reliable, more sane, etc.
(the Grml guys got me hooked ☺).

tried a

mount /dev/sda8 /mnt
chroot /mnt /bin/bash

and got a

cannot setup thread-local storage : unknown error.

tried a

mount /dev/sda8 /mnt
cp -i /dev/* /mnt/dev/

answered n for any overwrite.

rebooted into sda8 and got to the login prompt!

will install other bits (/etc/passwd for one ;) ) and "script" the session, posting result when I have a working system.
--
Michael Tomkins
michft@gmail.com