Re: Release Party Time ;-)

Michael Tomkins dixit:

> Mounting local file systems ... done
> Activating swap ... done
> Cleaning up tempory files ...
> INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
> INIT: ld "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
> INIT: ld "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
> INIT: ld "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
> INIT: ld "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
> INIT: ld "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
> INIT: ld "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
> INIT: no more processes left on this level.

Userspace runs fine but things hang → probably ttys
missing, getty missing or something. The base.cow
is the result of a debootstrap --variant=buildd which
is minbase + build-essential, not important. (I’ve
made an effort to build most packages of important,
but not yet finished. You might need to install more.)

> Usinging makefile-concurrent boot in runlevel 2

This may also be the cause of a problem. I really
recommend everyone to run inside the sid system
an 'apt-get --purge install insserv- file-rc'
which will purge insserv and sysv-rc and replace
them with file-rc (arch:all), which works much
better, easier, more reliable, more sane, etc.
(the Grml guys got me hooked ☺).

HTH & HAND,
//mirabilos
--
13:47⎜<tobiasu> if i were omnipotent, i would divide by zero
                all day long ;)