this isn't really of that great importance, I'm not really sure if the Powerbook 190 is worth the trouble. Just figured that since the SCSI driver is broken (which makes an install from an external SCSI CD drive impossible) and in abscence of a network card, I just made an install by copying the netinstall iso to the HFS partition on the internal IDE drive. The IDE driver works fine on this powerbook btw. The only problem was, that the 68k mac kernel in the netinstall iso doesn't have loopback block device support built into the kernel, that's why the installer couldn't mount the iso image from the hard drive. I managed to install the base system at least, using one of Finn's kernels that had loopback block device built in. Unfortunately I will still have to install anything beyond that manually by copying the packages to the HD because the only networking options available on the PB190 would be PCMCIA devices and I understand that there's no PCMCIA support in m68k kernel. That's why I was saying that maybe it isn't worth bothering with, since running linux without network connection is somewhat pointless.

Gr{uesse,eetings}/Saludos

Diego

On Oct 11, 2009, at 12:13 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

On 2009-10-10, Finn Thain <fthain@telegraphics.com.au> wrote:
What's the best way to fix this? Are the debian m68k configs derived from the debian x86 config or perhaps from upstream? The upstream mac_defconfig
is much slimmer (though I've never tried to boot it).

I can't speak for the Debian configs, but I would like to have the
upstream defconfigs
to be as much usable as possible. So if something is
missing/superfluous/whatever,
please tell me.

Personally, I use amiga_defconfig on Amiga 4000, and atari_defconfig on ARAnyM.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
							    -- Linus Torvalds