Re: debian kernel m68k patches for 2.6.28

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 07:10:59AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 09:39:17PM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > >
> > > * build cross compiler
> >
> > Which version are you using, 4.3? I built it according to your instructions
>
> I used 4.2, since 4.3 had the ice you described.

If m68k can not build with the standard gcc compiler, shouldn't that be set
in control and config/m68k/defines? I changed that, but the build still uses
gcc-4.3... hmm

> > on a freshly installed lenny box (with some gcc packages from unstable). The
> > circular dependencies are not so nice, but it seems I got it installed. Do
> > you want to add amd64 packages to your repository?
>
> If you want. If I really thought anyone cared, I could build amd64
> packages too. ;)

Might be helpful, I tried to cross build gcc-4.2, but I did not get a libgcc2-m68k-cross
package, why not?

Christian