Re: debian kernel m68k patches for 2.6.28

Hi Stephen,

> The debian 2.6.28 kernel has hit sid, so it's probably time to
> update the m68k patches.
>
> So how many of these [1] patches should go into the debian kernel?
> Everything that's not commented, POSTPONED, or PRIVATE?

Looks like you want all that are not commented or PRIVATE in the series file.
But as Geert mentioned, there may be more in git.

> If anyone else wants the job, please jump right on it. ;)

You go ahead :-) Last time I tried, I could not even build a kernel image from
the Debian release source kit.

It may be worth tracking Geert's git tree and work from that one. Geert's tree
should allow you to check out Linus' release 2.6.28 as a branch, and import all
of Debians patches into that branch one by one, committing as you go. A diff
between that branch and Geert's HEAD should show all changes that are still
missing. How to generate one diff for each commit into Geerts tree? git-cherry
might help there if the Debian patches match existing commits, I haven't
actually tried that. I'll see if I can make that work...