Re: Fwd: newb question : list of elligible computers to debian-68k

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Brian Morris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried Finn's test on my powerbook540 and it booted and got the errors
> about every 50loops.

Thanks for that. Sorry you didn't get a better result.

If you are familiar with Gentoo Linux, you could emerge a cross-compiler,
put -msoft-float in the target CFLAGS and emerge the m68k port. I've never
tried that though. What you really want is a soft-float stage3 tarball
with distcc.

Actually, I'm jumping the gun here. There's still the PMU bug (and
possibly mac_scsi, depending on compiler etc).

> At least it ran, I thought it wouldn't...
>
> Lost the link, so let me know if any further tests ?
>
> I also have a 520 that is not in use.

Might be worth testing that too? Being that my 190 works, there's a chance
some good CPUs ended up in the 500 series...

Finn