Re: newb question : list of elligible computers to debian-68k

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/status/MAC_MODEL_PB520.php states :
> >
> > 1. PMU ADB: Status unknown.
> > I suppose ADB is the apple desktop bus: does it mean that there is no
> > known way to use its native keyboard/mouse ? If so, is there any
> > alternative ?
>
> May be working with recent kernels, please see this list or
> linux-m68k@vger.kernel.org.

Recent test reports on the 520 said that the PMU driver spontaneously
powers the machine down (though PMU driver does work on many other
powerbook models). I really need to update the machine status page.

> > 2. NCR5380 SCSI: Broken Does that mean that it will not use scsi at
> > all ? I'm not certain the internal hard drive is scsi (it's not
> > very clear to me from the specs).
>
> The internal HD is IDE IIRC.

I'm afraid it is SCSI (according to the developer note*).

Both the SCSI and PMU drivers are on my todo list (I can borrow a PB
5x0)...

Finn

* http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Hardware/Developer_Notes/Macintosh_CPUs-68K_Portable/PB_520_520c_540_540c.pdf