Re: newb question : list of elligible computers to debian-68k

http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/status/MAC_MODEL_PB520.php states :

1. PMU ADB: Status unknown.
I suppose ADB is the apple desktop bus: does it mean that there is no known way to use its native keyboard/mouse ? If so, is there any alternative ?

May be working with recent kernels, please see this list or linux-m68k@vger.kernel.org.

2. NCR5380 SCSI: Broken
Does that mean that it will not use scsi at all ? I'm not certain the internal hard drive is scsi (it's not very clear to me from the specs).

The internal HD is IDE IIRC.

3. Serial: Broken. Cannot be used from userspace, but can be used for kernel debugging. My understanding is that I would not be able to use it to get TCP/IP with a null-modem cable as I'm doing with the Macintosh SE right now.

Correct. The mac serial driver needs to be revived.

3. SONIC ethernet: OK.
Is that the internal AAUI ethernet controler ? That'd be great because I found a working adapter to hook it on a regular ethernet switch.

Should be it.

4.NuBus: If initialized by MacOS, some cards can cause an early kernel panic on some models. Workaround: boot MacOS with extensions off, or use Emile instead of Penguin. I suppose i'm just too green to understand what it means yet, for now the only peripheral I tried to plug was an Asanté micro en/sc (and that's scsi), with no success but I didnt try very long thanks to the AAUI ethernet adapter.

The Asante SCSI ethernet adapter does _not_ work. I banged my head against that one for a brief period, then gave up.