Re: [buildd] getting w-b access back?

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 09:18:50AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> >No, the SCSI doesn't have anything to do with the IOPs. The IOP with the
> >ADB also handles the floppy drives, but nothing else. There is another
> >IOP that handles the serial ports.
>
> Well, color me confused then. Probably got this mixed up with the IIfx.

No, the SCSI is a separate (custom) chip on the IIfx as well. I have the
documentation for the DMA engine sitting around some place. I almost got
it working, too. I had it transferring data using DMA, but I never did
find the interrupt for the end of transfer notification.

> In that case, a reset of the ADB IOP should indeed be safe to perform from
> the booted system.

It ought to be. We just don't have any code that does it after the initial
setup during boot as of the last time I looked at the code.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com