Re: [buildd] getting w-b access back?

Hi,
Sounds like the box would be pretty useless with crashed IOP (doesn't this
component also handle SCSI DMA?) so a watchdog/reset would be preferred.
Can we actually reset the IOP without deadlocking SCSI or interrupts?

No, the SCSI doesn't have anything to do with the IOPs. The IOP with the
ADB also handles the floppy drives, but nothing else. There is another
IOP that handles the serial ports.

Well, color me confused then. Probably got this mixed up with the IIfx.

In that case, a reset of the ADB IOP should indeed be safe to perform from the booted system.