Re: Etch install on A1200. Floating point exception

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 11:29:24PM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 03:11:44PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
>
> > > 1 - iso-scan.postinst and db_progress do not handle the situation of no
> > > devices found
> > Which brings to mind the question of whether hd-media has *ever* been
> > tested on amiga. :)
>
> Uh? hd-media? You mean downloading lots of files and then scan the Amiga
> Filesystem to install the packages from there? IIRC I did that back then
> with debian 2.0 or so...

hd-media loads an iso image of an install cdrom instead of using a cdrom
directly. Download iso, use that instead of burning cdrom. It does,
however, require that the installer know how to read the file system of
the media with the iso on it. This was designed for carrying iso's on usb
drives, but I used it for macos cdrom testing. I can't recall whether
I've used it with aranym. I've never tested it on an amiga (not having
one).

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>