Re: m68k developer meeting in Kiel

I would like to go, but I don't have the ability to get to Germany :-/. My new laptop depleted my travel coffers (but did net us a updated GCC, and quite possibly a working Perl ;-)).
Michael

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 11:12:20AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:57:06PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > Hi,
> > right now five people have shown interest in the m68k developer meeting on
> > Aug 29-31 in Kiel:
>
> I may be able to get travel reimbursement, in which case I too will be
> coming. (Holds breath .... :)

So maybe six people are coming. Still not a lot of people and no volunteer
for a public talk on friday. Thus I have canceled my sponsoring request with
the university, I still don't know how much money we would need. It can not
be more than 1000EUR in total, it is not worth to start a big bureaucratic
process for that, plus I have just a week before I will travel again...

We can still meet here, but I can not promise a free lunch. Maybe if the
meeting goes well and next year more people are interested, we can try to
look for funding, and start looking for it a little earlier.

Christian