Re: [OT] hardware donation

I am not at all close to Brasil but I do have a quadra630 that
was running the last two releases of debian OK !

There may be were some issues with the ide driver (that are still
getting some work done on slowly) but I have put a fairly large
drive in there and the whole thing is solid and reliable.

Mine has a 128MB ram card in it and some with a second slot can
take a 64 also. also can be overclock to 40mhz but I have not tried.

The best use I think for a machine like this is to help someone work
on learning linux as it is easy to install (compared to old world mac)
and it is slow of course but for learning some basics OK (I learned
much of my unix on similar hardware in late 80s). it could also be
a home based web server or list server or some such light duty.

Although some of debian-68k porters might want this for a dedicated
mac test machine (the emulators seem to be taking over these days).
it is probably easier to get along with than some of the other models
and smaller/ more efficient than the big quadras although memory
more limited would be an issue sometimes.

I am sure that any interest there in Brasil would be welcome !