Re: kernel

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 10:06:30AM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 01:46:00PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> >
> > Christian: can we get this patch in the next debian kernel?
>
> Sorry, I am not following all of this. Just tell me which patches you want
> added (where to get them) and which configs need to be enabled, and I will
> try to get them in.

At the least it would be nice to have the following. [0] needs the
following additional config changes for atari. [1] allows the kernel to
link with gcc-4.1 and gcc-4.2 (probably also gcc-4.3, but that has an
ICE).

CONFIG_NFCON=y
CONFIG_NFBLOCK=y

[0] http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/aranym-patches/m68k-atari-nfconblock.diff
[1] http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/aranym-patches/m68k-build-id.diff

The third patch there is based on Michael's ide bug patch, but I think it
depends on another ide patch in the queue to actually work (or at least I
borked it). It would nice to have that bug fixed too.

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>