Re: Serial Console Support in Kernel

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:42:41AM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> I wrote a couple of scripts which are now used on crest and kullervo to
> switch betwen different kernels, taking into account if the last kernel booted
> successfully or not. There are not very pretty, but they seem to do the job.
> You should be able to see them on crest/kullervo.

No, I cannot... because DSA once thought it would be a nice idea to close my
account on Crest. ;)

> > > Hey, amiga-lilo does have serial support!
> > Oh, amiga-lilo is actually working? Last I heard was that it had some issues
> > and development was stuck.
> My last try with Amiga-lilo created a crashing bootblock, there were
> problems on 060s...

Maybe it's a good idea to test again? You're in front of aahz and can do
things, whileas I'm currently in Berlin whereas Spice is in Rostock and it's
still building packages.
A crashing bootblock does less harm on aahz at the moment than on spice. ;)
(I know: missing time ;)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc