Re: Etch install on A1200. Floating point exception

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Nigel wrote:
> Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Nigel wrote:
> > > I'm trying a network install now using the nativehd inird.  Although I'm a
> > > bit
> > > stuck with this as the nativehd initrd is missing a couple of modules I
> > > need
> > > for my pcmcia network card.  The modules I need for vmlinuz-2.6.24-1-amiga
> > > are
> > >
> > >  - kernel/drivers/net/mii.ko
> > >  - kernel/drivers/net/8139too.ko
> > >
> > > but I haven't been able to find them.  Does anyone know where I can
> > > download
> > > these modules (or the package they're in) from?
> >
> > Are you sure about this?
>
> No I'm not sure at all.  8139too and mii are the 2 modules the card uses when
> I insert it into the PCMCIA slot of an x86 Debian box.  I am just assuming it

IC.

> would be the same 2 modules on m68k-amiga?
>
> (Although my driving instructor always used to say, "Never assume anything")
>
> I'm currently cross compiling gcc on my x86 box for m68k target.  If the cross
> compile works I'm hoping I'll be able to build the Amiga kernel and try a few
> different options / modules out.

That won't help for now, as we don't support PCI/CardBus yet on Amiga.

> > According to drivers/net/Kconfig, this driver is for PCI only?
> >
> > | config 8139TOO
> > |     tristate "RealTek RTL-8129/8130/8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
> > support"
> > |     depends on NET_PCI && PCI

So your PCMCIA Ethernet Adapter must be a CardBus (PCI PC Card) adapter.

I don't think the Amiga 1200 PCMIA slot hardware actually supports CardBus.
Ah, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardbus, the different notch
prevents you from inserting CardBus cards into 16-bit slots?
Can you actually insert the card in your Amiga (withour forcing :-)?

> > Does your PCMCIA network card work under AmigaOS?
>
> I don't know, or even how to tell as I am very unfamiliar with AmigaOS.
> Running amiboot is about the extent of my AmigaOS knowledge :)

OK. If it's not an Amiga-branded card or a generic PCMCIA NE2000 card,
I'm afraid there won't be an AmigaOS driver anyway.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds