Re: Kernel Panic

Le 6 mai 08 à 09:43, Finn Thain a écrit :

On Mon, 5 May 2008, Brad Boyer wrote:

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 11:39:35PM -0500, Mr. Gecko wrote:

Hello I am trying to install linux on my Performa 630CD 68K mac

My guess would be that the kernel you are using is too old. I don't
think the current installer supports running on a 2.2 kernel. You
probably need one of the 2.6 kernels that have been discussed recently
on the list.

From what Joel posted yesterday, that installer doesn't work (apparently
he tried the other kernels that were available). So here are some more

There is the emile debian installer CD (but I've never tried it)
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=102098

You can also download this CDROM image:
http://vivierlaurent.free.fr/Debian_3.1_r0a_m68k_Bin-1-boot.img
and burn a CD-R, then you can boot from it.

Alternatively, Mr Gecko could install sarge by the book and then upgrade.

I found that an NFS root is a reasonable way to get etch installed if you
have a Debian or Ubuntu machine around.
http://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/howto-debootstrap-etch-m68k.txt
I can provide a kernel that can accomplish this.

-f

The easiest thing to try is to take the mac kernel from the kernels
directory from the same place where you got the installer. Just take the
hd-media off the end of the URL and replace that with kernels. It won't
have all the latest patches, but it will be much more recent than the
one you tried.

Brad Boyer
flar@allandria.com

Regards,