Re: Kernel Panic

On Mon, 5 May 2008, Brad Boyer wrote:

> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 11:39:35PM -0500, Mr. Gecko wrote:
> > Hello I am trying to install linux on my Performa 630CD 68K mac

> My guess would be that the kernel you are using is too old. I don't
> think the current installer supports running on a 2.2 kernel. You
> probably need one of the 2.6 kernels that have been discussed recently
> on the list.

>From what Joel posted yesterday, that installer doesn't work (apparently
he tried the other kernels that were available). So here are some more

There is the emile debian installer CD (but I've never tried it)

Alternatively, Mr Gecko could install sarge by the book and then upgrade.

I found that an NFS root is a reasonable way to get etch installed if you
have a Debian or Ubuntu machine around.
I can provide a kernel that can accomplish this.