Re: more (aranym) buildds needed

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 10:09:59PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first off - my PC only has 640 MB RAM single core, so it can be used for
> light stuff only. I'll try to set it up anyway. This is plain ARAnyM, not
> ARAnyM plus distcc we're talking about?

It can be done either way. Without distcc is simpler to maintain and
works with more packages.

>>> Oh well, yes... how about having our own w-b again?
>>
>> I'm routing around that until we get a more permanent solution.
>
> Does anybody even know how to set up our own buildd database these days?

I've looked at it. Michael Casadevall has played with it a bit. I think
the real trick would be adding the incoming bits.

>>> Mail is sometimes harder than it appears to be... (-;
>>
>> uucp is my friend.
>
> That still needs a shell account someplace - can I use one of the
> debian.org boxes for this?

There are instructions for handling mail through debian.org. I think
Christian knows more about it. I'd think crest or kullervo could handle
it too.

If you don't end up with a better solution, I can set you up on my box.
Unfortunately the routing is a bit goofy atm.

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>