Re: FOSDEM thoughts

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:56:10PM +1100, Finn Thain wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> > As I mentioned on this list before, I've been thinking it might be good
> > to hold a real-life meeting somewhere to discuss the future of the m68k
> > port; not just for Debian/m68k people, but for all Linux/m68k people
> > who're interested. Such a meeting hasn't happened yet, but I still think
> > we ought to do it; there are many things that we'd need to set a
> > strategy for.
>
> What's on the agenda?

That would need to be worked out too, obviously, but these things spring
to mind:

* Deciding on whether we will continue to build everything, or not; and
  if not, what to limit ourselves to
* What to do with the coldfire stuff
* What to do with glibc/TLS (anyone hear from CodeSourcery?)
* Figuring out how we see the future for the port, long-term.
* And, well, getting to know eachother's faces! ;-)

I'm sure there's more, but I don't know all the questions (let alone the
answers ;-)

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22