Re: daily debian-installer cds

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:01:42PM +0100, Daniele Gratteri wrote:
> Stephen R Marenka ha scritto:
> >Comments welcome.
> Tried starting the installation with my previous kernel/intrd setup, the
> installer finds the CD but hangs with this screen:
>
> http://www.webalice.it/gratteri/temp/cdrom2.jpg
>
> The last messages are given two times because I had tried to re-read the
> files.
>
> I see on the CD there is only the "nativehd" initrd, should I use it? If
> I should, how it differs from the "cdrom" initrd?

I figured some files would be missing, but apparently I'm missing all
the installer files too. Ooooops. :)

nativehd (we need a better name) installs off the net. (Not to be
confused with the netinst cdrom which ... well ... is a cdrom.) cdrom
expects a real cdrom. hd-media is just like cdrom only works with an iso
file (usb, bootstrapping from another os, that sort of thing).

Thanks for finding my mistake,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>