Xorg on m68k

I'm investigating why current Xorg doesn't work on m68k machines.

On my Amiga, it gives:

| (EE) FBDEV(0): internal error: unrecognised hardware type (1) encountered in FBDevScreenInit()

When looking at xserver-xorg-video-fbdev/src/fbdev.c, this indicates
that support for bitplanes (1 = FBDEVHW_PLANES) is not compiled in, i.e.
the C preprocessor symbol USE_AFB is not defined.

Surprisingly, /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libafb.so (Amiga frame buffer, i.e.
bitplanes) is present, so the actual drawing code for bitplanes is
included. It's just the glue between fbdev and afb that's not enabled.

For Atari, the situation is different.

While xorg-server/afb (bitplanes) and xorg-server/mfb (monochrome) are
included, xorg-server/iplan* no longer exists, nor is there glue code between
fbdev and iplan*.  From a quick look at the afb code though, it seems not much
has been changed recently, so we may be able to just plug in the old iplan*
code in xorg-server and add the missing glue in
xserver-xorg-video-fbdev/src/fbdev.c.

For cfb16 on Falcon I see no direct problems. Perhaps it just failed
because DefaultDepth in /etc/X11/xorg.conf defaults to 24 these days?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds