Re: Missing m68k builds for the point release

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 12:45:43AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > > Re: access to hobbes: I'll set that up as soon  as I have port forwarding
> > > on the firewall set up. hobbes still has one major drawback for external
> > > use: I can neither send nor receive mail via SMTP. Stupid Telecom NZ
> > > firewalls that off, and does not provide instructions for using SMTP-AUTH
> > > (or any mail gateway), either.
> >
> > Maybe uucp or bsmtp from gluck? Christian does something like that, I
> > think.
>
> uucp I had thought above before, but that's so sixties :-) bsmtp I need to
> ask Christian about when he resurfaces.

Blub, I'm back from the snow;-)

No uucp or bsmtp (what's that?) here. My friendly provider does not block
any ports (except 80), can I convince anybody to switch? My server can
receive email directly (cts-aahz and co redirect mail directly to the dyndns
address of my server) and delivers for the buildds on the local network.
Additionally the server also receives email with fetchmail, which can also
be forwarded on the local network. gandi now offers five mailboxes per
domain, I guess I could setup one for your buildds, if you like. I did play
with IPv6 a little, but haven't succeeded with bringing my subnet online
yet. I guess that would be another option to receive email directly?

Christian