Re: Washi

Michael Schmitz píše v Čt 29. 11. 2007 v 22:23 +0100:
> > > think has since been solved is that I was unable to remote display
> > > aranym.  It wanted to do many screen refreshes a second which the
> > > network was unhappy about.
> >
> > Mark, this is perfectly configurable... Set it to 1 FPS and your network
> > should be 25 times happier than with the default setting :-)
> >
> > SETUP -> VIDEO -> Videl Refresh rate.

> Have you checked that this is in fact being honored by the Linux
> framebuffer driver? In video=keep mode it should be, but otherwise Linux
> might reprogram the VIDEL "registers" at boot.

ARAnyM VIDEL emulation ignores refresh rate programmed in VIDEL HW
registers.

> Re: debug=par use for capturing installer logs: we can write a kernel char
> device module that does just relay its input to the natfeat parport. I'll
> see what I can come up with there...

You don't need any natfeat parport driver - ARAnyM emulates the Atari
parallel port hardware correctly (tested with PARCP). If linux-m68k can
write to Atari parallel port then it will work in ARAnyM and you can
choose where (on the host) to direct the output to - whether host's
parallel port directly or a plain file.

Petr