Re: binutils, gcc-4.2, gcc-4.3, gcc-snapshot builds

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 09:01:19AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > EtherNAT driver, and ARAnyM did not work on my Powerbook last time I
> > tried. I'm stil planning to work on it, come next month.
>
> Speaking of which, debian linux 2.6.22-4 gives me some of the following
> errors when using aranym.
>
> | blk_queue_max_hw_segments: set to minimum 1

These are not errors. Someone just forgot to annotate them with the
proper KERN_* :-)

> And a whole ton of the these errors.
>
> | ide_release_lock: bug

In Linux/m68k CVS, Roman Zippel disabled this message completely.
I added a printk_ratelimit() test in my patches, to remind me to look
into the problem (one day...).

> However, it boots to the prompt fine, much better than 2.6.21-4. It
> still doesn't detect the ethernet device, so no network. When booting
> from an initrd (think d-i), the framebuffer still goes all wonky.
>
> For now I'm still using 2.6.18-4 for aranym, since everything works.

These days I use aranym for all quick `does the kernel still do
something?' tests.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds