Re: meeting?

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 09:57:21PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Christian T. Steigies pí?e v ?t 09. 08. 2007 v 21:37 +0200:
> > Oh, I did buy hddriver
>
> very good.
>
> > it works somewhat, it creates partitions, but it can
> > not initialize them. Once I was able to initialize a partition, but when I
> > tried to create some larger partitions which are usable for linux (1GB, 2GB,
> > 20GB, ...) it failed initializing, ie it does not show any partitions that
> > can be initialized
>
> why would you need to initialize ext2fs partitions? You just create them
> and let them be - debian installer will initialize them by itself,
> right?

Sure, but I want a TOS partition or BGM to install hddriver on and to have a
kernel that I can then boot from the CT60 menu. I will set up the ext3
partitions in debian.

> > so I also can not install the driver on the harddisk.
>
> I don't see how linux partition initalizing is related to installing
> driver on a gemdos partition.
>
> > hddriver is too complicated for me, it does not make any sense.
>
> oh, c'mon:
>
> 0) launch "aranym -G", create new IDE1 disk drive say 10 GB, reboot to
> TOS
> 1) start HDDRUTIL.APP, in menu select Harddisk -> Partition
> 2) define first GEMDOS partition (no.0) - type BGM, MBYTE say 500
> 3) define second Linux partition (no.1)-  type LNX, MBYTE whatever you
> wish (and the disk size permits)
> 4) click OK, say that you're sure, it says "Finished" and you reboot

Works fine up to this point

> 5) start HDDRUTIL.APP, Harddisk -> Initialize, select the first
> partition and OK the offered values for cluster sizes etc.

Most of the time I am not offered any partition to initialize here

> 6) in menu select File -> Install HDDRIVER

and here I am not offered a partition either

> and that's it.

correct

Hmm, I tried again, two TOS partition, one BGM, four LNX, one SWP, and now I
can initialize and install the driver on the first TOS partition! But the
second TOS and the BGM partition remain hidden, even after several reboots,
why? Well, at least I can boot from HDD now again, I just need to copy the
install files over somehow.

Christian