Re: meeting?

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:52:48PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Christian T. Steigies pí?e v ?t 09. 08. 2007 v 19:25 +0200:
> > Yes, it is on short notice, we will try to get the Falcons running again, I
> > don't understand how to partition and initialize a harddisk on an Atari
>
> what don't you understand? Just run a disk tool, all are GUI driven and
> easy to follow, IMHO (using HDDRIVER personally but that's commercial
> sw).

Oh, I did buy hddriver, it works somewhat, it creates partitions, but it can
not initialize them. Once I was able to initialize a partition, but when I
tried to create some larger partitions which are usable for linux (1GB, 2GB,
20GB, ...) it failed initializing, ie it does not show any partitions that
can be initialized, so I also can not install the driver on the harddisk. It
seems I am spoiled by Amiga software, but hddriver is too complicated for
me, it does not make any sense. The whole trouble started when I ruined my
working installation when I tried to create a smaller TOS partition by
resizing an existing partition, so I could transfer kernels back to the TOS
partition. It actually did delete all the other partitions, even though I
only split one TOS partition into two smaller ones. This never happened to
me with fdisk. I didn't think it would be so hard to reinstall from scratch,
but I need the help of an Atari expert again.

Christian