Re: Build failures of 1.2.3 on Debian hppa, mips, mipsel, s390, m68k

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 05:47:57PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 14 July 2007 at 16:19, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> | On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 09:26:22AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> | > Hi folks,
> |
> | Dirk, it is extremely rude of you to cc a closed list (devel@open-mpi.org)
> | when posting to several open lists.  Please do not do this in future.
>
> Disagree strongly. Closed/open is relative. I am a member of the
> devel@open-mpi.org.  I am also a mailman admin for a few lists that I keep
> closed on purpose due to the ever increasing pervasiveness of spamming.

It's not relative.  Anyone not subscribed to devel@ gets a message
telling them their posting is rejected.  Not just held for moderation
but rejected.

> If you have a beed with my use of the lists, talk to me in private rather
> than grandstanding on four lists.

I think it's important to let others know that they will also be treated
rudely if they attempt to cross-post to the openmpi list.  I'll be happy
to continue this conversation with you in private, if you wish, but have
not done so in this mail to respond to your mischaracterisation of my
actions as "grandstanding".

a retrograde step."