Re: working xorg.conf i promised

2007/6/5, Brad Boyer <flar@allandria.com>:
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 10:55:42PM -0700, Brian Morris wrote:
> On 6/4/07, Eugen Paiuc <e.paiuc@gmail.com> wrote:
> on the other hand, my hand fixed xorg.conf *will* do 800x600 8 bit.
> it may do 640x480 16 bit too with a little more patience, I think.
>
> there is some issue about whatever mode you boot from too,
> there is trouble switching if you change your mind.

For some Mac video cards, we don't actually know how to change the
current resolution.

and,  if we use,  for that, this enter point
       NUBUS_RESID_VIDNAMES 	 = 0x0041,
NUBUS_RESID_VIDMODES = 0x007e

from

http://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/patches/quilt-2.6.21/03_patch_A-mac68k_cvs_nubus_defines.diff

This is why in general users are expected to just
stay with the settings they had before booting Linux.
[snip]

        Brad Boyer
        flar@allandria.com

 Regards,