Re: cross gcc-4.1.2-12 packages

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 03:39:07PM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Brian Morris wrote:
>
> > the overhead is in the mac somewhere. not in the network per se (could
> > be latency in the mac accessing the net though).
>
> I don't know what your test looks like, but ISTR that distcc doesn't help
> with linking (the linker runs on the local machine).

You are correct. distcc only work for 'gcc -c'.

In particular distcc is useless for a package that do
gcc -o foobar *.c

The advantage of building m68k packages is that you can follow the
compilation process step by step and see all the little quirk.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.