Re: netfilter unavailable

On 6/15/07, L Moore <ljmoore@wightman.ca> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 09:08:09PM -0700, Brian Morris wrote:
> i do have ssh going in to debian via
> my old mac powerbook540 running macos8.1 with mac ssh.
is that ss1 or ss2?
i have to check but I think it is two. it is the 68k version,
from 2003, is there an option to try both on yours ?

here is my hosts file from a 1997 powerpc (is what
I have on hand right now)

[root@ydl2 perl-sources]# cat /etc/hosts               localhost.localdomain localhost             ydl2 ydl2.local             debian68k debian68k.local
[root@ydl2 perl-sources]#

I think you have a couple(or 3) of basic errors in your file

I put in /etc/hosts on debian the adresses.
>       localhost.localdomain   localhost       ljmoore   shirley.localdomain     shirley     DI-604

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

I think you want also to put local adresses below here,
that is your 192.xxx stuff (leave local host at top).
> i wonder i have seen that there are wireless devices for scsi. don't
> know if any available/ supported though. not sure if it would be worth
> it.
As scsi is the only port I have available on the quadra to hook a
device onto, it'd be useful. The wired hub seemed to be what I
could do with what I have on hand.

Location: 43 58 8 N by 80 58 45 W
Growing zone: lowest 48-hour temperature -25C
Built: 1835 Renovations: 1910, 1952, 2006.