Re: missing __init_array_start, __init_array_end in __libc_csu_init

On 6/14/07, Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 05:35:02PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

It also occurs in current sid with binutils_2.17cvs20070426-3. -1 failed
to build, -2 lived 3-1/2 days, so we probably don't have a copy of it
anywhere.

You can't install etch bintuils on sid or sid binutils on etch due to
libc6 so I couldn't do any further regression testing.

Anything else I can try?

I read in Debian Reference that oftentimes you can build unstable packages
in stable from sources (build-deps from unstable) with out needing the
binary depends from unstable, that is, using (?link)deps from stable.
Sometimes i have had a hunch that problem with a package actually
came from a library, but hard to check that except here is a way.

Also, what is purpose of the experimental tree I see for bin utils. Are you
already there, or are you working on the next upload ? Worries, me as
I am sort of out on a limb with unstable running now on 68k and no
etch installed (and no testing), hope if there is real bad breakage coming
possibly I would get warned here so I could put hold on before it gets me.
on the other hand I would be happy to help anyway I can. I do have plenty
disk space / RAM, but no cross compiler presently (will when i can get set
up with lenny on ppc, its a long story...)

have definitely some compiling to do in near future...

Brian

Thanks,

Stephen (who is really starting to love aranym.)

<stephen@marenka.net>