Re: linux-2.6.21 images for m68k libc?

On 5/22/07, Joel Ewy <jcewy@swbell.net> wrote:
Brian Morris wrote:

> if you would like to try compile something smaller...
>
> in case you did not read --  i built new dillo on my new 68k upgraded
> debian (even though it is broke in etch).
>
> not too hard to do if you download tarball from dillo website. look at
> the changleog about one page down
> it tells you to modify ./configure --disable-dlgui

I tried building the patched version of Dillo, which includes better
frame support, as well as tabbed browsing, and which comes in Damn Small
Linux, on one of my Q840av systems, but it bombed out.  I'll try it
again though when I get a chance, as it's a lot more fun to browse with
than the vanilla version.  Dillo performs quite well on a 68040.

Yes, 68k Needs a light web browser, or two.

Are you able to negotiate for the maintainance of dillo in Etch and beyond ?
I am more interested in w3m and w3m-el, but I would like to have choice.

Are you building dillo with Etch/Sid tools or with Sarge ? Could you try
building it with Xorg/gcc4.1 ? or could you tell us some link to your sources
to try building those with Xorg/gcc4.1 ? (or L Moore could tackle it)

My first concern was that dillo as released for Etch was completely broken.
Maybe the patches need some updating. but the upstream, what there is of
it does work.

Its for you guys to work on if you want. I could test/build but as far
as working
on the code i am probably not able to help much.

JCE