Re: linux-2.6.21 images for m68k

On 5/19/07, Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> wrote:
On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 03:49:46PM -0700, Brian Morris wrote:

> they only appear in unstable or oldstable, or search with debian search
> in iceweasel browser.

Oh, thats why I don't see it.

> But worse than i reported below is that it is still complain that the
> 2.6.21 is not completed configured and so it retries after every time
> i install any packages. even though i am running the 21.
>
> it is some sort of postinstall script triggered. but the script is not
> actually exist. something is left over of lessdisks that is looking for it.

I don't think that is related to lessdisks, if the linux-image is not
properly configured you, you will have to reconfigure it. If you install the
latest version from my website, or the packages I am just uploading to
incoming, you should have the correct vmlinuz file on your machine. If not,
you can trick the post-insts script into working by creating a symlink as
Stephen suggested.

No, the postinstall script is specifically referring to lessdisks. the kernel
is installed and running fine. it just tries to reinstall itself every time
i install anything, because it has this hook remaining somewhere
that makes it *think* the kernel package is not installed. but it is
running. Sorry if my not including exact  error is causing confusion
(my internet situation is *very* complicated)

> also I notice that you are still compiling these kernels with gcc3.3...
> is that 4.1 is really so bad or is it mostly that you have not completely
> upgraded. or is it that if compile with 4.1 then some backward compatibility
> lost for people testing kernels with sarge prior to upgrading.

Last I tried, the kernel would not compile for m68k with anything newer than
3., but you are welcome to proove me wrong.

Christian