Re: linux-2.6.21 images for m68k

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 10:03:02PM -0700, Brian Morris wrote:
> On 5/16/07, Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I finally managed to build 2.6.21 for m68k, images are available for
> >testing
> >from here:
> >
> >http://people.debian.org/~cts/linux-m68k/
> >
> >Christian
> >
> when I installed this i got an error about missing lessdisk stuffs ( that
> was
> auto installed in my upgrade but when i looked at the description it
> said it was NOT (their caps) something you want except on a thin client.
> i found it had trashed some of my /etc/hosts* files. so i got rid of it.)
>
> however that your package complained about it, it seems to have installed
> itself ok anyway.
>
> It looks to me like if you want your LAN support to be optional then you
> do not want lessdisk package. (if you want to be possibly independent
> of your server machine).

What is the lessdisk package? I have never heard of it. The only place I
find lessdisk mentioned is sdm, but that has nothing to do with linx-images.

These are the depends of the mac linux-image:
 Package: linux-image-2.6.21-1-mac
 Version: 2.6.21-1
 Section: admin
 Architecture: m68k
 Depends: module-init-tools (>= 0.9.13)
 Suggests: linux-doc-2.6.21, vmelilo, fdutils
 Provides: linux-image, linux-image-2.6, linux-modules-2.6.21-1-mac

No lessdisk, are you talking about fdisk?

And what is vmelilo doing in a mac package? It's in all all m68k packages...

Christian