Re: Can we have jigdo (cd templates)

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:14:49PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 06:52:03PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > Not much goes on behind the scenes. We also haven't managed to quit yet.
> >
> > Quit? Where do I sign up??
>
> m68k was removed from the release, and with this all the quit forms, I am
> sorry, we can not quit anymore.
>
> Behind the scenes we are still building packages, there is just not much to
> talk about. But maybe somebody can give me a hint for the proper
> build-depends on the gnome related failures, I have about 40 failures which
> look mostly like this:

>   libgnomeui-dev: Depends: libgnomeui-0 (= 2.14.1-3) but it is not going to be installed
>                   Depends: libgnome2-dev (>= 2.13.7) but it is not going to be installed
>                   Depends: libbonoboui2-dev (>= 2.13.1) but it is not going to be installed
>
> Whats the proper dep-wait, which package are we missing?

In this case

libgnomeui-dev (>= 2.18.1-2)

libgnome needed libgnome-vfs2 which is now built, so I'm giving back
libgnome.

Here's how I decide what to dep-wait from the above. First I consider
libgnomeui-dev. If it belongs to an unbuilt package and it's not arch
all, then I use that dep-wait with the unbuilt version number. If it
belongs to an arch all package, then I grab a binary from the same
package (say libxul0d for libxul-dev).

stephen@syrinx:~$ wb -i libgnomeui-dev
Source package: libgnomeui
Querying wb ...
libgnomeui:
Package             : libgnomeui
Version             : 2.18.1-2
Builder             : buildd_m68k-tanda
State               : Dep-Wait

stephen@syrinx:~$ apt-cache show libgnomeui-dev
Package: libgnomeui-dev
Section: libdevel
Installed-Size: 1344
Maintainer: Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>
Architecture: i386

Here's my active list of build-deps.

libgnome2-dev (>= 2.18.0-4)
libxul0d (>= 1.8.0.11-4)
libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.10.11-2)
libgnomeui-dev (>= 2.18.1-2)
libc6 (>= 2.5-2)
kdelibs4-dev (>= 4:3.5.6.r1.dfsg.1-3)
kdebase-dev (>= 4:3.5.6.dfsg.2-1)
libgl1-mesa-dev (>= 6.5.2-4)

Maybe one day I'll finish my program to deduce this automatically.

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>