Re: Can we have jigdo (cd templates)

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:27:44AM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Brian Morris wrote:
>
> > hi i would like to make or have jigdo files which give the layout of
> > files for a cd image, that then gets loaded up by packages from mirrors.

I hadn't realized that the cd images stopped updating for us when etch
released and we were dropped from lenny. I'll add that to the queue.

I would suppose you could use the existing files, but I really don't
know.

> > ps. thanks for NOT posting here where we can get this etch-m68k.
>
> Are you being sarcastic? There is no etch-m68k yet AFAIK.

There really is an etch-m68k. It's a distribution, sitting next to etch,
lenny, and sid on your favorite mirrors
<e.g., http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/>. It's not stable (it's
etch-m68k) and it's not (yet?) security supported, but it seems to run
nicely.

> > i was assuming here for a while you guys were organizing behind the
> > scenes but sometimes i wondered too if you all just quit.

Since AFAIK, none of the regular m68k porters are either RMs or ftpmaster,
we didn't have much to do with the actual release.

Not much goes on behind the scenes. We also haven't managed to quit yet.

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>