Re: Future of m68k - Etch and beyond

Hi,

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> At this point, though, I'm still convinced that it's possible to create
> a port which will work on both coldfire and "classic" m68k; and with a
> glibc that has TLS support (which we still need as well), it doesn't
> even have to slow down things too much (since you can compile optimized
> libraries where it makes sense, and have the dynamic linker select the
> right one at runtime).

It's probably not impossible, but I highly question whether it's really
desirable. The instructions sets are already quite different and reducing
it to the smallest common set, does no favour for neither port, as you
barely can use any advantage either has to offer.
If this is seriously the only option left for Debian/m68k to survive, I
will not support it.

bye, Roman