Re: Future of m68k - Etch and beyond

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 04:36:16PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > How is the Coldfire port going on?
>
> I made some progress and had a revelation a few weeks back. I have a lot
> to learn still, but I'll eventually get there. I hope to be able to make
> it work by the time Lenny gets out, but we'll have to see.
>
> It'd be nice if Someone Else(tm) were to help; but if not, I do feel
> that I'll be able to complete this by myself.

It would be nice if you could provide step-by-step instructions on how to
get a working system, I gave up after I could not get nfsroot to work.
Last weekend I played with the Efika board, it took me a while to figure out
that I need a different grafics board to actually boot the machine, too bad.
Progress is slow, but if you don't have to repeat all the mistakes others
did, things could go a little faster. I'd really love to have the m68k cross
gcc run on the powerpc board, not sure if this speeds up anything though.

Christian