Re: Future of m68k - Etch and beyond

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 01:03:15PM +0100, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Well, I just had a discussion about m68k and the Etch release.
>
> My question is now:
> What is the *exact* plan for m68k for Etch and beyond? Was there any action
> yet to ship our own Etch release? Is there the infrastructure in place
> (mirror, ftpadmin, ...)?

I'm sorry; I promised to work on this, but it didn't happen.

> How will the m68k cope with the glibc problem for Lenny in the future?

Good question. We do need the TLS support, and I don't have a clue how
to write it.

> How is the Coldfire port going on?

I made some progress and had a revelation a few weeks back. I have a lot
to learn still, but I'll eventually get there. I hope to be able to make
it work by the time Lenny gets out, but we'll have to see.

It'd be nice if Someone Else(tm) were to help; but if not, I do feel
that I'll be able to complete this by myself.