Re: bts, t-p-u buildd, "testing problems", glibc 2.4...

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 12:57:45AM -0600, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:

> The m68k rc user tagged bugs in the bts are out of date (most can
> probably be closed).

They should probably be investigated and closed accordingly.

> ejabberd requires erlang which is failing:

 [...]

> erlc's documentation says .erl is "Erlang source code. It generates a
> .beam file". erlang-bugs@erlang.org may be able to help.

The question would seem to be, why is only m68k having this problem?
There is an old bug with a patch that fixed a segfault. Did the patch
get dropped at some point?

> vlc 0.8.6.a.debian-1 and 0.8.6-svn20061012.debian-1.2 are failing to
> build because:
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=vlc&ver=0.8.6.a.debian-1&arch=m68k&stamp=1169639023&file=log
> [...]
>   libxul-dev: Depends: libxul0d (>= 1.8.0.9) but it is not going to be installed
>               Depends: libxul0d (< 1.8.0.9-1.1~) but it is not going to be installed
>               Depends: libnss3-dev (= 1.8.0.9-1) but it is not going to be installed
> 	      Depends: libnspr4-dev (= 1.8.0.9-1) but it is not going to be installed
> 	      Depends: libmozjs-dev (= 1.8.0.9-1) but it is not going to be installed
>   xulrunner: Depends: libxul0d (>= 1.8.0.1-9) but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages

Clear sign of something that should be set dep-wait.

> [...]
> I'm not sure what errors like this means. I suspect the problem is not
> with vlc, but is with the packages being missing. I'm not sure why the

Yes.

> buildd is asked to build a package with missing build requirements. Can

buildd is pretty stupid.

> someone give me more information about this?

I'm not sure what happened to the more recent build logs, there. Arrakis
is currently listed as building it, but it's clearly old. I can't seem
to login there atm, so I'm going to go ahead and give it back, since we
don't have much in the queue (yeah).

> epiphany-extensions requires epiphany-browser which seems to fail
> because autotools stops:
> [...]
> checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
> checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
> checking for gecko version... 1.8
> checking for GECKO... yes
> checking whether we can compile and run XPCOM programs... Terminated
> make: *** [config.status] Terminated
> Build killed with signal 15 after 150 minutes of inactivity

That particular error is that the buildd was terminated because it
didn't return any information for 150 min.

In this case what really needs to happen is some porting work to find out
what's really failing and why. epiphany-browser hasn't built on m68k
since 1.8.3-4.

Doesn't look like even a bug has been filed yet.

> [...]
> touch elc-stamp
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/build/buildd/gnu-smalltalk-2.1.8'
> SMALLTALK_KERNEL="`cd ./kernel; pwd`" \
> 	SMALLTALK_IMAGE="`pwd`" \
> 	  ./gst -iQ dummy_file
> /build/buildd/gnu-smalltalk-2.1.8/kernel/Class.st:203: Aborted

gnu-smalltalk has a bug discussion and a patch of sorts, although the
discussion seems to have faded out.

> amd64 seems to have the same or a similar problem.

They are building in experimental though. I wonder if we would?

> mozart-gtk seems to have failed for similar reasons to vlc:
> [...]
>   mozart: Depends: libgmp3 but it is not installable
> [...]
> mozart however has a more complicated failure.

Yup.

> I don't understand:
> Binaries from php-imagick 0.9.11+1-4.1 cannot be installed:
>     * php5-imagick(m68k)
> [...]
> It seems that php-imagick compiled, did the binary package compile, get
> uploaded, installed?

I would suspect that one of its deps is the wrong version (one way or
the other). That can happen for m68k since we are being ignored for
testing.

> I think glibc 2.3.999 needs some attention a some point:
> http://experimental.ftbfs.de/build.php?arch=m68k&pkg=glibc

> Also, in case someone's looking, I used to do some programming for
> 68000's. I also used to spend time with the vMac authors.

Sweet! You're better qualified than I am. :)
If you want to dig out your m68k skills, tackle one of these or one of
the m68k-specific buildd failures at
<http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/m68kbugs/reports/failed-bynotes.html>
Analysis is the hard part -- that and time.

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>