Re: linux-image-2.6-17-mac tries

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 23:11 -0800, Brian Morris wrote:
> > On such system I hade install emile - from my bootable cdrom - and now
> > Debian can boot himself directily from his disk - no more need of useing
> > of Penguin -.
>
> you are using emile then with 2.6 kernel ?
The system has 2.6.17-2-mac  , and was installed directly - w/ floppies
-
from a modified cdrom debian-testing-m68k-binary1.iso,
- style emile bootable mac cdrom :) - au passage je vous salut ! -
> can you tell if the system is any more stable, or any issues improve ?
Watchdog time out is still present, cause of to hwclock access issue,
> (be sure to update when the new build comes through)
> can you try 2.6.18 from unstable ?
>From yesterday the system has 2.6.18-2-mac  -2.6.18_4 -,
but the  hwclock access issue is still present
> I never did get 17 to work at all
> for me, because of disk driver problems (my quadra630 has ide and
> my macII has an older scsi controller.
>
> how are you connecting when you use ethernet,
the system is stable only with ethx desabled !
>  do you have a local
> hub or switch. have you tried directly connecting two linux boxes with
> a cross-over cable (anybody), this forces a simpler half-duplex connection.
> (although on my newer machines full duplex is faster with these i have
> not seen it, and it may be more stable. at least the one time i tried to
> use the hub was the one time i got a crash after about 1 hour uptime)
This system is standalone, for the moment, I use only cdrom for his
needs.

I tried on, a kernel compilation directly from
linux-2.6_2.6.18-orig.tar.gz,
but it is stoped in about 6 minutes with same errors. By the way, there
is a
basic kernel's config for (quadra840av) macs ?

regards,
eugen