Re: linux-image-2.6-17-mac tries

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 05:20:02PM +0100, Eugen Paiuc wrote:
> If so , kernel > 2.6.17 has a different file structure ,
> like /media/cdrom or so,
> and a different way for accessing  hwclock. Can someone confirm/infirm
> that ?
>
> "Cannot acces the Hardware Clock via any known method. Use the --debug
> option to see the details os our search for an access method."

Actually, the hardware clock code in the 2.6 kernel is just plain
broken for all macs. It is a known issue that just hasn't gotten
fixed yet due to the long list of other issues. The directory
structure has nothing to do with the kernel, however. Some of the
device nodes may not work with a 2.6 kernel for various reasons,
but the paths are not determined by the kernel in either 2.2 or 2.6.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com