Re: linux-image-2.6-17-mac tries

On such system I hade install emile - from my bootable cdrom - and now
Debian can boot himself directily from his disk - no more need of useing
of Penguin -.

you are using emile then with 2.6 kernel ?
can you tell if the system is any more stable, or any issues improve ?
(be sure to update when the new build comes through)
can you try 2.6.18 from unstable ? I never did get 17 to work at all
for me, because of disk driver problems (my quadra630 has ide and
my macII has an older scsi controller.

how are you connecting when you use ethernet, do you have a local
hub or switch. have you tried directly connecting two linux boxes with
a cross-over cable (anybody), this forces a simpler half-duplex connection.
(although on my newer machines full duplex is faster with these i have
not seen it, and it may be more stable. at least the one time i tried to
use the hub was the one time i got a crash after about 1 hour uptime)

May I help ?
Any comments?

regards,
eugen