Re: [CRITICAL] Toolchain TLS support

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > > Which alignment do you mean? 32-bit values aligned on a 2-byte boundary?
> >
> > Yes, it causes all kind of stupid bugs, which only trigger on m68k...
>
> But if you change it, how much software that does handle it correctly now will
> break?

Hopefully not much, most software shouldn't care or if they do, they
should check for it somehow. Often it was only some missing padding.
Garbage collectors will continue to search for pointers on a 2 byte
boundary, which is little wastefull, but does no harm.
I'm also playing with the idea of register parameter for function calls,
which has the chance to break a little more. Most important is probably
libffi, once that's working the rest shouldn't be that difficult.

bye, Roman