Re: [CRITICAL] Toolchain TLS support

Hi,

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006, Aurélien GÉRÔME wrote:

> If only I had the time... Several people have talked about TLS support
> for m68k, but it seems nobody has done it so far. I replied to your
> post, because it seems to have been ignored and I felt a bit ashamed
> of that. ;)
>
> Anyway, I will try to look in the issue and contact the people who
> spoke about it earlier on this list.

I want to look into it over christmas/new year. I already have a modified
binutils, where I rewrote the linker support based on the i386 version. I
threw out the TLS stuff, but since it's structural identical, it will be
easier to add it back and follow the i386 development in general.
I hope that adding support for the basic thread model should be not that
difficult this way and the other thread models can be added as time
allows.

The next big question will be then how we're going to make the transition
to the TLS support. IMO it would be very benefical, if we could fix our
ABI at the same time, e.g. the amount of alignment bugs I had to fix
lately is not funny anymore.

bye, Roman