Re: m68k is a release arch for etch

Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 02:05:37PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 10:58:25PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
>> > IIRC, the m68k kernels are already cross-compiled.
>> Yes, which has repeatedly caused problems due to assumptions in the
>> kernel
>> packaging that host arch == build arch...
> The proposed use of distcc+crossgcc avoid completly this issues.
> Everything run on the target system, but the actual gcc -c compilation
> which is done remotely by a cross-compiler.

And this solution would make it possible to turn off the usage of
crosscompilation when there's no need to do so, i.e. m68k keeps up by
it's native buildds. This can reduce crosscompiler issues.

Earlier this year there was a discussion about implementing concurrency
levels in builds, similar to those that make-kpkg uses (dunno, I don't
use make-kpkg ;). But when happened this discussion? Hmmm...

--
Ciao...        //
      Ingo   \X/