Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 01:42:07PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 11:55:02PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > It's with some regret that I have to confirm that m68k is not going to be a
> > release architecture for etch.
>
> > We have also asked about removing m68k from testing since it is not
> > currently a release candidate; Anthony Towns has indicated his preference
> > to defer this until another solution can be implemented for m68k's needs.
> > This raises the question again of what such a structure should look like; I
> > think it would be a good idea for us to begin to tackle this question,
>
> It's just short of a month since Steve posted this, with, as far as
> I've seen, no concrete suggestions on what the m68k porters want to do
> about this. I expect we'll be dropping m68k from etch fairly shortly,
> unless someone comes up with a plan for supporting a "Debian 4.0-m68k"
> release in the next few days.

My personnal plan is to set up one or two fast amd64 octocore as a m68k buildd.
That would lift most of the objection with the port.

Anthony, by any chance, could you arrange for a donation ?

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.