bug status

Hi,

As already mentioned with the next gcc release all reported bug should be
fixed, that of course doesn't mean there can't be any bugs left, just that
it gets more difficult to find them now. Recompiling with -O0 is a good
indicator, if it now suddenly works, it's more likely to be a compiler
problem.

Now to bugs/problems in other packages (bug reports contain the needed
information to fix them):

apbs: the problem is the maloc package, which got hit by the binutils
  problem, so needs to be recompiled.
binutils/insight : problem in the kernel headers, #391898, "luckily" it
  hit other ports too, so there will hopefully be a new package soon,
  although no ack yet.
csound: it's using unusual compiler options, fixed with next gcc
gnusound: endian bug, #393754
ocamlcreal: somehow ocamldep is broken, a recompile of ocaml did fix
  this here.
qprof: there is finally a new libatomic
stlport5: as soon as the new glibc is ready, this should succeed as well
chicken: actually an alignment problem with its assumption about alloca(),
  but I'm lazy and rather adjusted gcc.
monotone: #384565, I got an ack, since it affects other ports too, let's
  hope something will happen.
gauche: another libgc problem, #393601
gnu-smalltalk: alignment problem, #198075
tex problems: compiler problem, small bug in one of my patches,
  recompiling gs-gpl with the next gcc will fix this.
guile-1.6: another alignment problem, #326905
emacs21: somehow got magically fixed, just retry with new gcc
at-spi: the new xsltproc seems to work better, so another retry
libgstreamer hangs: even more alignment problems in orbit2, #390516

Unfortunately in many cases I got no response, some things got fixed after
another mail (e.g. glibc, mcmcpack, qt4-x11). IMO orbit2 is a good first
NMU candidate, as it waits the longest without any response and is rather
important for all sorts of gnome stuff.

Overall it looks pretty good, a bit more stuff may need a recompile, but
right now I don't see anything really serious, the main problem is to get
above bugs fixed and then we'll have to see what is left after everything
is finally compiled.

bye, Roman