Re: bug status

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 01:57:30AM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As already mentioned with the next gcc release all reported bug should be

-17?

> fixed, that of course doesn't mean there can't be any bugs left, just that
> it gets more difficult to find them now. Recompiling with -O0 is a good
> indicator, if it now suddenly works, it's more likely to be a compiler
> problem.
>
> Now to bugs/problems in other packages (bug reports contain the needed
> information to fix them):
>
> apbs: the problem is the maloc package, which got hit by the binutils
>   problem, so needs to be recompiled.

givenback

> binutils/insight : problem in the kernel headers, #391898, "luckily" it
>   hit other ports too, so there will hopefully be a new package soon,
>   although no ack yet.
> csound: it's using unusual compiler options, fixed with next gcc
> gnusound: endian bug, #393754
> ocamlcreal: somehow ocamldep is broken, a recompile of ocaml did fix
>   this here.

ocaml binNMU scheduled

> qprof: there is finally a new libatomic

dep-waited on new libatomic-ops

> stlport5: as soon as the new glibc is ready, this should succeed as well
> chicken: actually an alignment problem with its assumption about alloca(),
>   but I'm lazy and rather adjusted gcc.
> monotone: #384565, I got an ack, since it affects other ports too, let's
>   hope something will happen.
> gauche: another libgc problem, #393601
> gnu-smalltalk: alignment problem, #198075
> tex problems: compiler problem, small bug in one of my patches,
>   recompiling gs-gpl with the next gcc will fix this.
> guile-1.6: another alignment problem, #326905
> emacs21: somehow got magically fixed, just retry with new gcc

givenback

> at-spi: the new xsltproc seems to work better, so another retry

givenback

> libgstreamer hangs: even more alignment problems in orbit2, #390516
>
> Unfortunately in many cases I got no response, some things got fixed after
> another mail (e.g. glibc, mcmcpack, qt4-x11). IMO orbit2 is a good first
> NMU candidate, as it waits the longest without any response and is rather
> important for all sorts of gnome stuff.

18 days with patch, not built since Jun 23. We should probably check
with -release to make sure we don't screw up some transition or other.
Someone want to take this?

> Overall it looks pretty good, a bit more stuff may need a recompile, but
> right now I don't see anything really serious, the main problem is to get
> above bugs fixed and then we'll have to see what is left after everything
> is finally compiled.

Does blender need to wait for -17 or do I need to send you the latest
preprocessed source?

I'll try to remember to walk through this list again after the next gcc
comes out, but feel free to remind me. ;)

<stephen@marenka.net>